Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of a friend( 8O ) has a semi-feral kitten(not sure if male/female) who he thinks may be pregnant. He originally had 2 ferals, one female and one male. The female was caught and fixed, but the male hasn't been. The kitten is young, so I'm not quite sure how old she must be to get pregnant. Anyone know??

He has been trying to catch the kitten, and when he does, we are going to pick her up. Of course, she will be allowed to have her babies because I do not believe in aborting them. Plus, I already have a no-kill shelter who will take the babies.

Abhay

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
They can come into heat as young as four months and can get pregnant at that point, meaning they will have their kittens at age six months. This is very dangerous for the mother in physiological terms since she is not fully developed and kittens could be entrapped in the birth canal (killing her and them), as well as for the kittens since the mom at that young age may not know how to care for them and could abandon them. Please encourage your friend to trap and spay her ASAP!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts