Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent 5 months earning a strays trust. Turns out she is pregnant. I can not get her inside. I try each day. I can only pet her with one hand. If I try 2 hands she will fight me, so I can’t pick her up. I know she needs to be kept inside. I have been putting her food in the room, closing the door and leaving the sliding glass door open. Only to find out that the male stray (I think the one who got her pregnant) came in to eat the food. She is curious and looks inside but that’s as far as she will go. I NEED to get her inside as her belly keeps getting bigger. I’m worried she will have her kittens outside somewhere and I won’t be able to help her. She has a covered bed outside but has stopped using it. Any tricks to get her inside that I just don’t know of?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Try putting some salmon or unseasoned lightly cooked chicken in a good-sized pet taxi and see if she'll go in. These foods are usually irresistible for kitties.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!! I just got her inside. It was a quick in and out on her behalf. I’m going to put her outside bed in there later when she’s not around. And then try again with the rest of the chicken. I’ll have to be quick with closing the sliding glass door. My husband is scared that if we take her to the vet then she will loose trust in us and not come around. At the very least she can be safe at night. I’d still like to take her to get checked out.

Attachments

·
Registered
652 Posts
You're welcome! Thanks for the pic. She looks like she's about to pop!

That's progress!

I don't think she'll lose trust in you and your husband. I suggest when you get back from the vet let her out of the pet taxi inside so she can't run off. It would be best to get her seen about just in case she has parasites. Don't wanna get those inside or on her kittens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts