Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a cat for christmas from a family friend. she had broken into his house, i'm assuming to escape from the cold. Suddenly I am noticing that her belly is very round and her nipples are pink. She is also ALWAYS hungry. She's not very affectionate(which is apparently another sign), but I don't believe that ALWAYS happens. I assume she's pregnant, but I'd like some other opinions.

I have a male cat in my house, but he was neutered (a little too late, so he still meows like he's in heat). So i'm pretty sure he's not the daddy.

If you do think she's pregnant, how far along do you think she is?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
She very well could be pregnant! Provide her with a "nesting" box and see if she starts displaying nesting behavior. That will give you a good indication. Also, you can check with your vet!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks pregnant to me! As far as I know, most pregnant cats are actually very affectionate.. But there are some who aren't. Make an appointment with the vet.. Cats are only pregnant for about 64 days. So she probably got pregnant right before you took her in... She will probably give birth in another month. This is just a guess... She may have gotten pregnant a month and a half ago so then she'd be do in 2 weeks.

The vet will be able to tell you how far along she is.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
No knowledge of cat pregnancy, but male cats don't go into heat even when intact. :) So your male cat may just be a talker.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bethany said:
No knowledge of cat pregnancy, but male cats don't go into heat even when intact. :) So your male cat may just be a talker.
or a whiner would better explain it hahaha. it's like one of those awful heat meows from a female, but a bit deeper. don't want to push his buttons by saying he sounds like a woman :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts