Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be leaving my precious babies in the care of my family (who I live with) for 2 weeks at the end of July. Not only is this the longest I have ever been away from them, it's also the first time that I will be totally out of contact, meaning there is absolutely no way I can be reached in the event of an emergency (Ethiopia doesn't have the greatest cell phone reception ;))

Soooo....

I'm already stocking up on food, and have put together a sheet detailing the routine (feeding, cleaning, etc.) and also emergency numbers (vet's office and after-hours clinic).

Any other suggestions? I'm thinking I'll also give a little info on what to do if a cat gets out, since my babes are strictly indoors-only.

Like I said, I live with my family, and they adore these cats, but I'm a paranoid mom :oops:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I know I was scared stiff to leave my babies when I went to India for a month... they didn't even have a resident cat-sitter, just someone coming in to play with them every day, so you can imagine all the things they could have gotten into... I left lots of food, litter, etc, as well as the vets number and instructions on everything, but in the end they were fine... Don't worry too much about it - i'm sure the separation will be harder on you than them, especially with your family around a familiar place... They probably know the kitties pretty well anyhow....

·
Registered
347 Posts
You might mention this forum to them in case they have any non emergency questions. I can't really think of what they would need to know beyond your instructions but the people here are a really helpful bunch.

Have a safe trip!

Kel

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Kelae said:
You might mention this forum to them in case they have any non emergency questions. I can't really think of what they would need to know beyond your instructions but the people here are a really helpful bunch.

Have a safe trip!

Kel
I was thinking the same thing....just in case they can't get a hold of you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts