Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Floofy. When I brought him home on Valentine's night, I wanted to name him Curly, after Mitts&Tess' sweet kitty because I thought it was a beautiful name, but it appears the husband had other ideas. Hubby has persisted in calling him 'that floofy kitty' so much, that Floofy has stuck, no matter what I tried to do to keep calling him Curly.
Ever wonder why cats get such goofy names? Well, there it is. Sometimes they just stick.
I tried to keep calling him Curly but it was getting a little confusing, as Curly sounds very similar to Squirrely, and S-Jo would get confused when I called for Curly. So, it looks like I needed to let his 'Curly' name slide into the background and just call him what my husband has decided to name him. That Floofy Kitty.
Floof really is "his" cat. Floof will follow him around and initiate play sessions with him. They wrestle vigorously, but Floof is very gentle with his claws and teeth. He really is a good cat. Huge, and still growing...we wonder how big he will eventually be. He is tall, looong and 11#.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
Floofy seems to be the right name for him. I can not believe how utterly gorgeous he has become, and love the picture of him kissing your hubby.

I'm so glad he is part of your family.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Well that floofy kitty its just gorgeous. And yes names just stick. It's better that way. I didnt really name my cat Baby Kitty. In fact her collar says Colbie. I have probably called fer that a total of 10 times. BTW what a GORGEOUS cat... oh wait, I already said that. you must have a really good camera, those pics are crystal clear.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
He's beautiful!!! Just stunning. :luv Lovely pearly whites, too.

·
Registered
515 Posts
<<<<<<Must get to Monroe Georgia this weekend so that I can catnap Floofy Kitty. He is so beautiful, that is would be a shame not to have him grace my home with his presence.
Heidi, could you please have him ready for when I get there? I would really appreciate it, and that way I wouldn't have to do anything underhanded to you. :lol:

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure! I've even got a cat carrier.
...but... I'll let YOU deal with the Husband, because The Floof is HIS cat!
btw...Hubby has a nail gun and knows how to use it. :wink:

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mitts & Tess said:
Now you can say- Floofy floofy flo floofy.. fe fi fo floofy ... FLOOFY
:lol: I'm trying, and I can't! I keep mixing up the 'fo's, the 'flo's and the 'floof's....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts