Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neighborhood cats are pooping in my yard and my dog is eating it and getting very sick. Does anyone know how to prevent cats from pooping in my yard? Thanks in advance !!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
best way is to train your dog NOT to eat ANYTHING on the ground.

If you want to give your dog treats, puts it in the palm of your hand instead of tossing it to him (or giving it to him between your fingers).

train your dog not to eat food on the ground is very easy. put some food on the ground as "bait", have a can handy, put four pennies in the can and seal it.

when the dog approaches the food (even just to snif it), shake the can right then!! you can so "no!" at the same time.

pratice that few times a day consistently.

This trick is also usefull to teach dog to stay off food on the table, to stay at the back seat of the car.. etc.

·
Registered
328 Posts
There are numerous products available to deter cats from pooping in your yard. Silent Roar is meant to be effective. It's made from lion dung! :? And I've seen little rubber mats with upward-pointing spikes you put in the ground. These don't hurt the cat, but put it off digging.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I agree with timmytimmy. I think it'd be much easier to make sure your dog doesn't eat the feces rather than trying to prevent the cats from going in your yard.

Unless you know who's cat is the culprit and can speak to them about keeping their cat inside where it's much safer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts