Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to know what the price range is to neuteur a cat. the vet told me between $150-$250 and i asked why such a big price range and she said they might need to use things if theres complications or if it takes longer i don't know something like that, i dont really remember exactly. is that a good price? and is that all you pay for? or is there extra cost for other things like examining it before or anytihng like that?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
My neuter was considerably cheaper than the spay on my female and it was years later! From what I understand it is a pretty simple procedure. I paid $55 or so I think a couple of years ago.

I would find another vet or at least call around and see what everyones prices are.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Through resources it's been done anywhere from $0-200.00

Be carefull, and make sure you know what you are paying for... so there is no "extra" surprises.

I personally like a place that will give antibiotics and pain medication for after the procedure, though some animals might not really need it.

One place may qoute you $40.00 But that's before the blood work, medications and any additional services they might offer.

Not every place does it the same, or with the same equipment, anesthia can cost differently as well.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I paid £36 for my boy to be done.
a vet shouldnt charge you extra just in case, if extra needs to be done you can always pay for that later- so long as there is evidence/good explination for any other work.

for that quote you got there tho..... get another :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts