Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the last 2-3 days he has absolutely refused to eat his raw meat. He won't eat even his tuna treat (he ate the first half with real enthusiasm 2 days ago). He begs for kibble each time he's hungry and, because I give him very little kibble each time, he's hardly been eating these days.

Also, he sleeps a lot less than he should. He sleeps a couple hours and then wants to play and go out, which I happily indulge, but he really should sleep more.

On the positive side, he's made a huge leap in a matter of a few days regarding trust in me and in the house. He's now spending time in rooms where I am not there, which he never did before.

All comments welcome...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to mention that, by Prince's face each time I offered him the meat, I thought maybe there was something wrong with the food, so I took it downstairs to the strays, and they swallowed it like a rare treat - it was mostly tuna and a bit of different chicken parts.

Now Prince is fighting sleep on top of the fridge. He just won't go to bed. Maybe it's a teenager's rebellion phase...

Oh and he escapes each time I come back from somewhere (leaving when he's unaware is easier, but when coming back he gets me each time).

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, how do you pack the kibble so he can't smell it? I have about 10lbs left, but I don't want to throw it away, as I need it for when I'm not home all day.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Don't worry, as long as he is still eating some and being playful. Cats are like people in that they sometimes do not eat as much on one day as another. I free feed kibble or dry food. Which means I fill the feeder as needed.
And spring is here - our guys are more active in the spring. But I keep them inside or put them on a leash when we go outside.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You'll probably want to ask the Raw Food forum, but they all highly warn against feeding both kibble and raw food. AFAIK, raw food digests way faster than kibble does, and if a cat eats kibble before raw, the raw will be blocked in his system and cause health issues.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, indeed I was warned about that in the Raw food forum.

Turns out Prince was just hungry. I've had to put him back on kibble, at least for now...

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Turns out Prince was just hungry. I've had to put him back on kibble, at least for now...

He's eating the raw again with gusto. Even happily tackling the bones and chewing them easily, which he had always adamantly refused to do before. Beats me why...

I"m confused.... they were posted within like an hour of each other. Did I miss something in between?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, his meal.

He's now eating the raw and not the kibble.

He also has a heightened appetite.

And he's preferring the bones.

I gave up trying to understand.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Prince indeed has a bit of swelling in his gums, the vet said!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts