Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new here. I have a sweetheart of a cat and have had her for a little over 6 years...

BUT... she throws these tantrums! Like when I feed her, she eats FANCY FEAST (go figure ha ha) and whenever I go into the kitchen she runs in there by her bowl, and even if she has food in there, she'll meow for it.

Now sometimes I will think she's hungry and go ahead and feed her and then she'll just walk away from her food, and let the wet food get all hard and icky, then later that night she'll want more and I will have to throw out a full bowl of food and give her fresh food.

Now if I don't... she'll run like she's ON FIRE tearing through my house making these little noises (that sound like she's pretty p*ssed off) until I give her fresh new food!

And sometimes if she's doing something she shouldn't be doing, and I tell her NO - she'll do the same thing and tear through the house!

Now she's an inside cat and I know that they get bursts of energy but she only does this when she doesn't get her way!

Other than that... she's a sweetie! But I feel sometimes like she's running ME! lol!!

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Cherish,

I think you will probably be better off if you just feed her on a regular schedule and let her adjust to the program. My Angel is the very same way, if she sees I am in the kitchen, she comes tearing for me, meowing all the way. I free feed her Chicken Soup dry and each evening she gets a helping of Fancy Feast. When she hears that can lid coming off, LOOK OUT! You would think that she has been starved for days.

I am not so sure that I would want to let wet food sit out so long that it is drying out in her bowl. Maybe I just worry too much, but I think that bacteria formation on the wet food might be an issue.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
It could be that she's just hyper, and asking for you to play with her when you think she's asking for food. Whenever I see my cats darting around like that, I chase them and tickle them if I manage to catch them (not an easy task!! They are fast!) When I catch them, their eyes get all large and they make a funny face like they're really excited, then they tackle my hand like they would a mouse.

Mike is right, don't let the food dry up. If it's wet food you're feeding her, you need to take note of her appetite and feed her only what she can finish so you can clean up after her once she's done. Don't let the wet food sit around like that, not only does bacteria infest, ants and pests get attracted to it too. I personally prefer to use dry food so I can leave it there for the cats to eat as and when since I have two cats, and they eat at different timings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts