Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in an apartment and today, my strictly indoor cat started responding to the calls of someone else's cat outside. Well, that cat "located" where my cat's calls were coming from and is right outside my front door "wailing" and what sounds like begging to me. My cat has now parked herself right by my door and just sits there, sometimes sniffing around the door or hissing a little. What is happening here? I thought that cats didn't actively seek each others' company so I am wondering why this other cat is behaving this way. If I open the door to get a look at the cat to check its I.D., it just runs away, only to come back again to wail some more. Its constant wailing is something I could live without. BTW, my cat is spayed so I don't know if this has something to do w/ mating; will a tomcat still pick up on my spayed cat?

·
Registered
656 Posts
They are probably curious about each other, and this is why they are talking through the door.

You said the cat has a tag? Do you know which neighbor owns the cat. I would try to locate the owner and speak to them. Let them know the wailing is bothering you, and maybe they will keep a closer eye on their cat.

Hope it works out ok. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts