Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, poor little Bear Bear has yet another issue. His permanent teeth are coming in but his deciduous teeth have not fallen out. The vet said he'll extract them when Bear is neutered (3 weeks) but I'd rather they fell out naturally than be pulled out. Does anyone know of a good way to encourage his milk teeth to fall out?

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wouldn't be too surprised if it was a non-issue before the 3 weeks are up. :)

I was worried about my kitten's double fangs when his adult teeth came in, but nature took care of it before it became an issue the vet had to address.

Hope that's the case for your kitty as well!

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm not sure if this is any help at all but when we adopted Rosie (chihuahua), she was 1.5 years old and still had baby teeth. We had them pulled during her spay. She was fine right after and didn't even miss them. You might see if they'll do a quick cleaning while he's under general anesthesia too. If they offer OraVet sealant, I'd go for that too. It supposedly helps a lot with preventing dental problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My cat had the double canines as well, they fell out on there own. I managed to snag one too! I wouldn't worry about it right now.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks exactly like my kitty's teeth, and one just fell out yesterday. That's just how their new teeth come in :)

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, you've all made me feel better! *paws crossed that they fall out soon* Lessgravity I totally want to find one too lol; I thought about mentioning to the vet to save them when he removes them but figured he'd think I was not quite right in the head.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts