Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cats are indoor cats and hardly ever get fleas. Every once in a while, foster kittens we take in, into our house, will have fleas because the rescue forgot to treat. Which is no big deal. We just treat our cats and everyone's happy.

The problem now is that I can't get rid of the last batch of fleas that were brought in. I have tried .8ml of advantage, three weeks later i bumped it up to .9ml of advantage, two weeks later (yes I know a little early) I bumped it up to 1ml of advantage. Those little buggers were still alive. Next my wife brought home frontline. Applied and about two weeks later they are still there.

Thoughts? Haven't seen any roaming around the house. So hopefully they are living in the carpet. Has anyone else been having problems?

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
My girls are all inside cats and my house got fleas earlier this year. I think maybe Gigi brought them in. It was HARD to get rid of them. It took several rounds of flea meds, lots of vacuuming, washing bedding and EVERYTHING in the house that could go in the washer, repeatedly, and using flea sprays for the carpet. I just noticed the girls scratching a bit these past couple days, but I haven't seen any fleas yet. I'm hoping it's just a fluke.

You might want to alternate between Advantage and another brand. And get capsules of Capstar, which get rid of the fleas from your cats for 24 hours, then vacuum and wash everything after the fleas have hopped off your cats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts