Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found a litter of 4 abandoned kittens. I took them in and took care of them, but their eyes are nasty and gooey. I've tried cleaning them up with soft washclothes, eye wash, and it is starting to get annoying :shock: I need some help what should I do?

·
Registered
761 Posts
It sounds to me that the kittens have an Upper Respiratory problem. Antibiotics will help with your problem. It's a contagious virus that affect the eyes and nose. Talk to your vet and she'll suggest some medication that will cure your problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I agree. Take their temps and see if they have a fever. My kitten started with a Upper Respiratory thing that developed into calicivirus which is "the kitty flu". He is fine now though. Just make sure they are getting enough water and eating. You can check if they are dehydrated by pulling the skin up between their ears. If it snaps back within a second, they are fine. If it takes longer, they are dehydrated and you should get them looked at. When my kitten was sick the vet gave him fluid under his skin to hydrate him and I had to syringe-feed him for a few days. It could also be clamydia - gooey eyes and nose are a symptom too.

tanyuh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts