Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my ~10.5 year old Tutu is healthy and happy, but I was petting her just now and felt a very hard and very noticeable lump sort of beneath and behind her right forelimb, kind of placed between ribs. In the past I'd felt ribs and sort of thought at first I felt a lump, but it was just ribs. This is definitely a lump of some sort.

Weird thing is, I know what I felt just five minutes ago while she was in my lap and now I can't find it again.... so maybe she has to be sitting in a certain way to feel it..... which seems weird to me. I'll wait and see if I feel it again to really worry.

Anyone have any experience with lumps in the rib/chest region? Were they hard and immobile? (This one was.)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have had that experience i don't know what it is really, i notice it on my 2 cats when i was petting them but when they get up it's like gone. i think it could be some type someting that is attatch i don't know really. I thought it was something harmful til i saw my friends cat and she had the same thing as well. I hope we are thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I would take her to the vet for a checkup. From my understanding of your post, it appears to be in the mammary region.

Not to scare you but this is what I found:
Mammary gland tumors are the third common type of cancer in older female cats, with the most common symptom manifesting as a lump in the breast tissue. The tumor is typically firm and nodular, and adheres to the overlying skin. Nipples may also appear to be red and swollen, oozing yellowish fluid.

·
Banned
603 Posts
It might be a cyst. Cyst type lumps are moveable where asa lump that is "a problem" usually is stationary. Still you need to talk to your vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts