Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peanut is starting to chill out a bit more. It could be due to the feliway diffuser or the fact that he lost his baby teeth. Either way, I'm not complaining. He's still being bratty with Chinchilla, but that's something she needs to work out with him. She gave him a little nick on his nose a day or so ago, but that hasn't stopped him from wanting to play with her all the time. However, I have gotten them to sniff one another without incident a few times. He still occasionally growls and hisses when it comes to food and Chinchilla, but she puts him in his place.

He's still a bit distant with my SO. He's not as sociable with him, as he is with me. I'm hoping that will change gradually, or it might be that Peanut is just a mama's boy.

The clicker training has been going well too. He knows the click means treat and he knows how to "touch" his nose to an object. The next goal will probably be getting him to sit on his cat bed or his little blanket.

I think I definitely overreacted to his past behaviors, due mostly to being a bit inexperienced with handling a growing kitten. The last time I dealt with kittens, I was a kid and it was a litter that my first cat, Gremlin had. They were not weaned early, nor did they lack socialization. They were all well-behaved.

Thanks to those who gave me advice and I'm sure I will still need more assistance with Peanut as he approaches his first year.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
who feeds him?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Glad to hear Peanut is behaving himself better. Sounds like you are more relaxed with him also. I'm sure he will come around with your SO, just takes patience and time. Oh, I was wondering if we might get a picture of the wee Peanut?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
very nice cat.. does your SO give the food all at once, sometimes a few feedings stretched out over 30 min can do wonders, give just a little food and let him wait and ask for more.. I have used this method with some of my feral rehabs with great results.. they think of you as more than just an automatic food dispenser!!!! letting them get a little hungry every now and then doesn't hurt either..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.