Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to squeal to someone who would listen - we've had Joey since last Friday and it'd been patchy at spots. The dog was totally spazzy for a few days, not leaving Joey alone and barking barking barking. Joey's up high so the dog can't reach, but he still got very upset by the barking and the dog trying to climb onto the counter. We were doing trade-offs - the dog would be out most of the day, but I'd put the dog away in the bedroom for half an hour and bring the cat down for cuddles and play (this kitty is very affectionate and loving). If the dog was locked in the room, Joey would sometimes jump down for some treats and to wind around our legs and purr and such.

WELL today my boyfriend went into the kitchen to check on his dinner, and Joey jumped down while Zeeke wasn't put away!! Zeeke was just in here with me. Of course as soon as Zeeke wandered into the kitchen the cat jumped back up high, but it was more of a relaxed jumping back up, the boyfriend said, not a panicked one. AND the dog never barked at all, just wandered in the kitchen and sat to watch the cat and wag his tail.

Oohhh, I'm so proud and happy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts