Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experiences with this? Good I hope? I was just quoted $230 by my vet for a cat spay :eek: so I popped over to the catsnip website....$50 there, so I made a reservation for next Tuesday. The only difference I can see is that my vet keeps them overnight, which I didn't really want anyway. Both provide an office visit and pain meds, and catsnip trims their nails too.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I haven't heard of project catsnip but my vet charges $40 for a neuter and $70 for a spay and they do keep them overnight. It's just a regular animal hospital with several doctors on board. Everyone I know uses them and I haven't heard any complaints. We have a few more vet clinics in town which charge more and I've heard complaints about them being heartless with their pets.

Anyway, I know we're not in the same area but I would shop around. Price doesn't always mean better service. I honestly think the animal hospital I use keeps their prices low so people can afford do take proper care of their pets. It helps their business too, a lot of people will go there instead of the more expensive clinics I think.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
If all goes well, most vets here do't keep them over-night. Most years, tere are times when charities kind of sponsor operations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts