Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Mason and i got my first kitten. I've had cats before but i've never taken care of a kitten so i'm kinda lost here.
Her name is Cleo, she's less than 8 weeks old. I found her last week, i was coming home from work and i saw a box in the middle of the street, my taxi almost ran over it. When i got off i saw it was moving so i went there to see if there was something inside and i found my kitten. I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow but right now i'm kinda worried, like a new father, if i am doing something wrong or if i'm giving her the wrong food. I want her to be the happiest kitten in the world.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Mason! My first kitten was named Cleo also...well, my mother named her Cleopatra but we all called her Cleo. She was also around 8 weeks when she came to us. I'm sure your vet will give you the right advice which I expect will be to keep her on a "Kitten diet" so that she gets all the nutrition a rapidly growing kitten will need to be healthy. Also, make sure that she is spayed so that Cleo doesn't have a litter of kittens of her own who may end up without homes and fathers like you. If its possible keep her indoors, not indoors/outdoors. She'll have a much longer and a healthier life with you. Make sure to have age appropriate kitten toys and play interactively with her at least once a day before or after work and leave stimulating toys for her to play with at home when Cleo is alone. And don't forget the catnip! Best of luck to you and Cleo!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome, Mason! :)

Well, Cleo was certainly blessed you found her, wasn't she? :) Good for you, Papa!

Try not to worry. You're going to do fine.

Before your appointment, think about questions you may want to ask the vet. Be sure to tell him/her that you're very new to this and are seeking guidance.

And this is a wonderful place from which also to get advice! A huge group of helpful people are here ready to help you with answers to your questions. :)

Also, be sure to share pictures when you can!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome, Mason! This is a great forum. You'll get lots of great information and support. Thank you for taking care of Cleo. Post pictures when you get the chance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi there! Congrats on your new kitty! I found my Chase outside as well. He was about 5weeks old. I am absolutely in love with him. Good luck with your little Cleo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts