Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new here.
Pumpkin is my cat's name. He lives with his cat Daddy in the Beach part of Toronto.
He loves to pull loops out of towels with his claws while
he is laying on his side and I am brushing him. His success rate is 90% even when i tell him uhh-uhh
and put a toy in front of the front paw he is reaching towards more loops to pull.
I signed up here to get to know other nice cat people and see how there lives are going.
Say hello if you like and any tips and ideas are always welcome and appreciated about the above.
Thank you!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hello P and welcome to the forum! I'm misc, and have two girls, Kate and Sophie. I had to laugh at the image of Pumpkin determined to have his way with the towels regardless of your substitutions! You could try getting him his own towel and let him de-loop that one when you're grooming. Throw in lots of praise when he's using "his" towel, and if he claws other towels, just remove them without saying anything to him, then coax him over to his own towel with lots of "good kittys!" when he uses it. Cats like routines, so keeping his towel and doing his grooming sessions in the same place around the same time of day may help too. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very very true and helpful Miscellaneous, i will indeed do that and see how it goes! Thank you very much! Give your girls lots of extra hugs from me and my Boy, Pumpkin.😺😺😺

·
Registered
Andy and Bugsy, best buds!
193 Posts
Welcome! You've come to the right place for lots of nice people with good information. You asked about our lives as cat owners. We've always had 2 or 3 cats at a time. We had 2 cats, Andy and Toby, until Toby (only 6 years old) was diagnosed with asthma a couple of months ago and had to be put to sleep. We were devastated and couldn't even think about another cat but we knew Andy was lonely. So we adopted Bugsy recently and introduced them slowly. They get along so well we feel very fortunate and feel like there is once again a "balance" in our house. They play together, lie together and each one claims a lap at night on the couch. Andy is 4 y/o and Bugsy is 6 y/o. Both had owners who had passed away so we chose to adopt adult cats.

You didn't mention how old Pumpkin is but if he is a young cat I'm sure he will settle down. We adopted Toby at 6 months old and he was like a Friskies Cat, sliding all over the floor. We couldn't put up a Christmas tree for his first couple of years because we knew he would knock it down. :) Enjoy Pumpkin... and this forum!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts