Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else has come across this, but one of my kittens loves to eat pumpkin. My wife and I were carving our pumpkin for halloween and our kitten couldn't get enough of it. we tried to keep him away but he kept getting pieces. He was eating seeds, the stringy insides and the bits we cut away for the face. while he was chewing on it he would growl. Its pretty funny, but does anyone know if pumpkin is going to make him sick? I tried not to let him eat too much but he got a decent amount. If its not gonna hurt him I would just let him chew on the rind cuz he seems to really like it.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I have never had a cat who likes pumpkin, although I did have one who loved cooked vegetables. I would look under "toxic foods for cat" on google.com, and see if Pumpkin is on the list. I doubt that it will, but check it out anyway. :)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
We carved our pumpkins last night, and keeping this post in mind, I tried to see if my cats were interested... they could care less.

Now they just want the seeds that I salted and cooked. :lol:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Demi likes pineapple, peaches, banana and she loves carottes
Pebbles likes apples (or used to)
Gizmo doesn't eat fruit :roll:
And they all love mash potatoes!

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I personally would let them nibble a little bit but wouldnt go past that. Only because I get paranoid they will have diarrhea or Sugar will throw up. :wink:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I wasn't going to feed Frosty any table food at all...but I know vegetables are good for us ..so I kind of let him have a bite of every little veggie I eat ( I eat a lot of them + all kinds). I told the vet about it and she said that is actually great for him and congratulated him on the great shape he was in yesterday when we had our visit. He eats collards, turnip greens, spinach, watermelon - everything I eat - I only allow him vegetables + his dry food.
ps no onions - I knew that form this forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we recently went to the vet to get some shots so we asked him about it. he said that its not bad for them, and pumpkin is sometimes given to cats that arent getting enough fiber.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts