Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in the Complaining thread in the Lounge, Star chewed through the cords of my ex husband's headphones. My ex wants to take all the cords from the other headphones that Star has chewed through, soak them in Tabasco sauce and leave them hanging of the edge of the kitchen/dining room table to "teach Star a lesson". He wants to keep doing that until Star doesn't chew on his headphones anymore. Of course, putting his headphones away is too simple. :roll:

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Immaturity and stupidity is more like it.

And it won't work. Tabasco has an odor, sure he'll avoid the ones he's already chewed...might not even take a taste, the smell might be enough to deter him. But if the headphones that are still intact don't smell like Tabasco they'll be fair game.

I'd give him a bag or case he can store the headphones in and tell him to act like an adult and take care of his belongings.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oh, however to stay on topic, it is overboard. That's not a way to "punish" a cat because then Star won't know why she is being punished really. He needs to get new headphones and put them up where she can't chew them. Simple as that.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I have to go along with those who believe Star will not touch the doctored head phones.

Why not rub Tobasco or some other repellant on the cord of new head phones and Star will probably not touch them. Lemon juice and let it dry?

But we men have a thing about putting things away. It comes from more primative times when we kept our weapons close, or out in the open so they'b easily grabbed. (grin)

·
Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
That's true. You never know when an intruder is going to bust in your front door, and that'll be the one time you put those deadly headphones away. :grin:

·
Registered
317 Posts
:D Headphones can be used as a weapon. Which is another reason why they should be up, a cat can easily get tangled in them B| This is a strong subject for me. This is a problem with me an my fiance, Pinky doesn't chew cords but gets stuck in them.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Immaturity and stupidity is more like it.
^THIS!^

He said the Tabasco sauce is better than "beating the mess out of Star". That's what he wanted to do. Oh, and when I told him that if he were to poll cat owners about what Star did and that 99.99999999% would agree with me, he countered with, "Well non-cat owners would tell me to get rid of the cat?" Hmmm, is that a veiled threat? I'd love to see him try to get rid of my Pookie Bear (my nickname for my baby boy). If he thinks what Star did to his headphones is bad, just wait and see what I'LL do if he gives away my boy.:cussing:evil:

·
Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
You can if there are no witnesses and you have a CSI friend who will clean the crime scene for you.

I'm just saying....

·
Super Moderator
27,274 Posts
Then my job here is done. :grin:

I work with lawyers, so I spend a lot of time imagining different scenarios.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Why not use something that's made specifically for preventing chewing, such as bitter apple spray, and spray that on his headphones? It's SUPER bitter, and there's not really an odor. I don't see why that would be bad to spray on them. (The cord only).

My dog chewed up 2 pairs of my bf's headphones. (This was MONTHS ago). He makes it sound like Ozzy's out to destroy everything he owns, and for the sole purpose of ruining his life.
He likes to say things like, "If he does this, I'm going to ______ him." (Blank = kick, get rid of, throw, punch). I quickly defend him with, "Then YOU'RE going out the window, along with everything you own, and you're not welcome back, EVER."
I know he's joking (mostly) but it still pushes all the wrong buttons. There are some things you just don't joke about, and hurting one of my babies is one of those things!

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Spraying the cord of the headphones with bitter apple might prevent the cat from chewing, but every time the guy touches them he'll get bitter apple all over his hands which will then transfer if he touches his mouth or eats anything etc. Can't see him dealing with that....

What is this...the 4th set of headphones? At this point I think the guy is just being stubborn and looking for something to fight about.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Doodle... that sounds like a GOOD idea actually! I'd love to see his face after eating a bitter apple sandwhich! LOL

I must be on of the only ones with a spouse who's headphones got chewed and HE knew it was HIS fault for leaving them where the cats could get them. We constantly remind one another when we find something chewed/yakked on/etc that it was OUR fault for leaving it where we did. They're cats, not people. They do stuff for fun, not for malace - and if you don't want it ruined, you learn to pick it up or suffer the loss.

My boyfriends headphones were also over $100. Men and their gadgets, I tell ya!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.