Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started her almost four months to the day and she's finally at her target weight. (Some may remember the topic that I started.)

The majority of her diet was on Wellness Turkey/Salmon formula, I was strict about feeding and tried to excersize her more often. I'm now moving her off the Wellness and onto Felidae for a few months, then probably onto Chicken Soup a few months after that. Dr Jean recommends switching foods like that and it makes a lot of sense.

I'm just so glad she's looking sleek and trim again. I never meant for her to get overweight like that, I guess I just didn't notice. I don't want to jeopardize her health in any way, so I'm going to be strict with her because she's quite the binge eater.

·
Registered
676 Posts
That's awesome! I'm glad you were able to keep up your strength and be strict about it. That's a large cause of overweight animals is their owners feeling bad for not feeding them all the time when they beg them for food, etc etc. They just honestly don't realize the importance of having a good weight for your pet too. A couple pounds isnt' much to a human, but it's a much different story for a cat!

Keep an eye on her and how much you feed her as you switch foods, as the amounts might be varied from brand to brand, remember just move slowly. :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm much more educated about food now than I was four months ago. :lol: Hopefully the learning curve will be a little easier when I get a dog. :wink:

·
Registered
676 Posts
LOL. Read up now on it, cause as I'm sure you are aware their requirments for nutrition are different :) Protein level is very important from dog to dog, breed to breed, 20% comparied to 26% can be a large difference. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts