Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to inform people of the positive benefits of pure 95% curcumin extract for the treatment of IBD and cancer, even depression in cats. There is a lot of exciting researching going on the benefits of curcumin due to its powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Absorption levels are low for humans and dogs, but may be different for cats. It may not cure cancer but stave any further cancerous growth and provide a better quality of life for you cat. There are lots of information out there. I urge you to do your own research. My cat is currently taking 100 mg/kg (high dosage) for IBD and I've notice a remarkable improvement in his well-being.

Colorado State University Cancer Researchers Test if Spice Can Kill Feline Cancer Cells in Laboratory - News & Information - Colorado State University

Curcumin and FIV_Experimental and Established FIV Therapy

Curcumin and cancer: an "old-age" disease with an ... [Cancer Lett. 2008] - PubMed result

Curcumin has bright prospects for the treatment of... [Curr Pharm Des. 2009] - PubMed result

Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of cu... [Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007] - PubMed result

Curcumin (Turmeric) Supresses Inflammation and Pain

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Most major online retailers like amazon, vitamin shoppe, and small health e-tailers will carry pure curcumin 95% extract. Brick and mortar stores will cost more but may match their online web prices with proof. Consumerlabs recommended the jarrow brand, now foods, doctors best, GNC and life extension pure curcumin for their accuracy. I found jarrow and now foods to be the cheapest online. Curcumin has no detectable smell to me. I break the capsules and mix half the powder with probiotics and lysine in his can food. My cat is an indiscriminate eater of whatever is tasty even if it is bad for him. Curcumin will not cure vomiting issues due to food allergies. The offending food has to be eliminated from their diet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts