Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite my fear of cats, my boyfriend and I have gotten a kitten, who we named Jeckel - Just like Jykell and Hyde, but spelled differently- and his "scientific" name is Purrasaurus Adorablus. He's 10 weeks old, black and white and a wee bit insane. Despite my fear of cats, I've come to love him, though there was a period where he followed me around mewing in attempts to get me to play while I ran away, and eventually I just locked myself in the bathroom until my boyfriend got home. But now he and I get along very well, and he's an absolute snuggler. He does have a tendency to attack anything that moves at times, but I assume this is normal for playful kittens? Anyway, here are a few pictures:

Just wanted to add, this forum has been great for finding out info! You guys are great!

·
Registered
80 Posts
OMG he's cute. Looks like he's the purrrfect candidate to help you get over that fear of cats!

I love that last one! Is he tugging on your camera strap? Q does that too, even as a full grown 4 year old fatty :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Jeckel said:
He does have a tendency to attack anything that moves at times, but I assume this is normal for playful kittens?
Not just kittens, but cat's in general. Chalk it up to instincts. I think you will be surprised that cats aren't that bad, crazy maybe, but I think they Egyptians had the right idea.

As for that kitten, he will be learning everything from you guys, so don't be startled if someone says the cat reminds them of you.

I hope things stay well and he keeps you up when you feel down.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
OMGosh! What a cute little guy!! :luv

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
He is soo cute! Good for you for facing your fear and letting this little guy into your house.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone!

QuinnCat said:
I love that last one! Is he tugging on your camera strap? Q does that too, even as a full grown 4 year old fatty :lol:
He sure is. Loves anything with a string.... wiimote straps, camera straps, drawstrings on pants, my hair, ect ect lol

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
What a cutie! He's just adorable.

I used to be afraid of cats too . . . and dogs . . . and anything that moved indiscriminately. Finally in 2005 I acquiesced and got a cat with my then-boyfriend, who was a cat guy his whole life, and the fear vanished overnight. I also found that I lost my fear of other cats too. It's really just about exposure. Once you learn their cute little personalities and are the object of that much affection, you realize there's nothing to fear and everything to gain.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts