Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am wanting to transition my 3-year-old onto Raw. To start with, I don't really want to make it myself, as I'm worried I will miss something, and it will end up being too expensive.

I have done some research stumbled across this supplier of complete, raw, cat food.

I have just ordered the trial pack.

Does anybody have any experience with this supplier and their food?

This is their website: Purrform Raw cat food - Frozen cat food - Premium cat food

Thanks,

Cheryl

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I'm afraid I've never heard of it but there are some real experts on here - making your own raw doesn't necessarily cost more - it depends on having a friendly butcher.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I haven't heard of this brand - I am assuming it's because it's a UK brand and I am in the US XD

Looking over their products, it seems like an overall good food. No grains, no filler, no vegetables or fruits.

HOWEVER -

I'm a little unsure about some/most of their mixes -

"Chicken and ground bone with heart"
and
"Chicken and ground bone with liver"

...do BOTH of these mixes contain organ meat, or is the "chicken" listed in the ingredients mean ONLY meat? A raw diet should be 80/10/10 - 80% meat, 10% bone, and 10% organs, usually broken down to 5% liver and 5% "other secreting organs" - generally kidney and/or gizzards. If their "Chicken and ground bone with heart" ONLY contains heart as the "organ meat", it is an incorrectly balanced mix - heart is usually considered MEAT category and not ORGAN category, as it is pure muscle meat and is not a "secreting organ".

Same with their "100% Minced Farmed Rabbit with ground bone" - does that include the rabbit's organs or is this a completely organ-free mix?

I'd contact the company and ask for the details before using the food.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

Thank you for your responses :)

I have contacted the company and they have assured me that all their products are fully complete and balanced; and contain the correct ratio of meat/organ/bone.

I have ordered the trial packs to see how he takes to it.

Fingers crossed he does!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts