Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sugar loves to pick up not the chicken pebbles but the Science Diet pebbles of food and put it in the water bowl. I'm thinking she loves the idea of it getting blown up with water and floating around? She does this quite often, I change their water out everyday but sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times a day b/c I can't stand having food in the water bowl. Does anyone elses cat do this too?

p.s.-Not only does she put food, she loves twistie ties in water bowls! :roll:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Try soaking her some food, maybe she is trying to tell you something. But most likely she's just discovered that it's fun to throw stuff in her water and watch what happens to it, cats are curious and smart!

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She hates wet food and she won't eat it, unless its canned food. I discovered that she just likes to watch it inflate. Hehe I hate changing out the waterbowl so many times during the day :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have the same problem with our kitties -- anything they like to play with (including food!) tends to end up in the water bowl! I moved their water bowl to another side of the room, which helped.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm hoping that when I get a pet fountain for them later that Sugar will stop putting food in there because it stinks up the whole water bowl and its going to be much harder to pick up and clean out! :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts