Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buttons is putting weight on and I can't understand why. She is the smallest of my four cats, eats the same as they do, and plays as much as they do. She has been getting quite tubby over the last two or three weeks and I can't fathom out what the problem is. She is waddling, and her legs are too little to support her weight. I am taking her to the vet on Monday and I am really concerned. Has anyone suggestion as to what it may be?

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Has she been spayed? Or is there a chance she might be pregnant 8O f she has been spayed, then she may be having a problem with her thyroid gland. It's good that you are taking her to the vet. Please keep us posted!!! :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ianthe thank you for coming back to me. Yes she is spayed, funny you should ask that because if she wasn't I would think she is pregnant. She is only 9 months old and was spayed in March. I am really worried that there is something wrong.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I think they probably will do a blood test, and possibly an x ray,to see what is going on....besides the weight gain is she acting normally?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing different apart from the weight gain is that she is not as quick as she used to be. She was like lightening, she still runs, plays, playfights etc. but not as fast as she did, I'm thinking this is because of the weight. She is still very alert and interested in everything that is going on.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
That's good. I would say that over the weekend, if she starts acting sick, tired, etc., you find an emergency vet to take her to. Otherwise, I'm sure you'll find out what is going on on Monday. I'll be thinking positive for you!!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts