Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good are they for a kitty, and how often can I feed them to her? She absolutely adores these and I was hoping to make them a daily treat for her when I leave (to ease the anxiety of me leaving by giving it a positive association).

·
Banned
952 Posts
Hi, MissBoots!

Quail eggs are a healthy addition to a cat's diet. I'm not sure that giving her one every day would be good, though.

Any one else have any thoughts on this?

AC

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then I'll just give her 2 a week. :) I just hope they don't go bad by then, since there's no expiration date on it.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I buy quail eggs and feed them to my cats 2/week, but I have 3 cats. The eggs I buy do have an exp date, but it's usually at least 4-5 weeks away.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
What a great idea for a kitty treat! Gracie loves quail, and she loves eggs - I bet quail eggs will send her over the moon with joy!

Fran

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I can get quail eggs at my local Asian Market, and the girls go nuts for them! They get them two times a week, one egg a piece...at breakfast of course! :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Living in a farm community we have many organic farmers of all types and twice a week my guys get fresh quail eggs...if eggs are organic and stored in the fridge they can last 6 weeks but I was told by the grower not any longer than 7 weeks for animal use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts