Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's no fun surviving through the heat wave without A/C... for humans and felines alike - except cats can't drink ice cold water to feel cooler, so I gave them homemade icepacks, and they seem to enjoy them:

PS: Chewie's nose looks weird, because she keeps licking the bottle and rubbing her nose on it :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
A friend of mine e-mailed me this weekend and suggested this exact same thing! I wasn't sure what your picture was - had to wait until I got home - so I didn't post my suggestion in case it was the same thing, and it was! :lol:

It kind of made a mess of my kitchen floor, but it's just water! :D

They look like they're thinking, "Thanks for the cold treats - buhbye now!"

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup it drenched my bathrug, but who cares? The kittehs are happy! :lol:
It does make a big difference in temperature, if you leave your hand near it for a few seconds you can really feel the coolness.

Good idea for the chicken broth icecubes - I will have to cook the broth one cooler night though, right now just the idea of using the stove irks me 8O

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
I know - I wanted a hot meal so bad during these past four days, but just the thought of turning the oven on? No way!

I actually bought (gasp!) ice cream! Atkins Shmatkins! :D

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
They're too precious! And that's a good idea. I have been letting mine play with ice cubes which, unfortunately, travel a little too well. :lol:

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
The ice bottles is such a good idea, and the babies obviously think it's the cat's meow (corny I know, but it's still early in the day..lol).

·
Registered
305 Posts
What pretty kittens! Wicket and Chewie are both growing up to be such lookers!

PS- you must live in a warm area. The leaves are already starting to change and the temperature is starting to drop. Seems like Autumn has reached central Ohio!

·
Banned
5,531 Posts
awww .... poor little hot babies. Excellent idea

1 - 10 of 10 Posts