Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting Rocky, Merrick Before Grain Quail, but i've heard that it's not a complete diet. If i'm only feeding him that as one meal, and then something else during the day, do you guys think that's okay? I wouldn't feed him solely just the quail, but i would just supplement it in on occasion to bring in a new bird for his diet. Thanks for your ideas and suggestions!

·
Registered
474 Posts
hi rocky,

i heard this line was reformulated to be a complete diet. if i am not mistaken, the 100% quail would not be a complete diet, but the new 96% quail and chicken (looks like they might not have just quail anymore?) should be balanced.

looks like it's mentioned on the website, too
Before Grain

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi rocky,

i heard this line was reformulated to be a complete diet. if i am not mistaken, the 100% quail would not be a complete diet, but the new 96% quail and chicken (looks like they might not have just quail anymore?) should be balanced.

looks like it's mentioned on the website, too
Before Grain
Yeah, that's what i heard as well. The unfortunate part is that the stores that sell it at a decent price around where i live, they don't offer the 96%. Petco does, but it's more expensive there, and i'd rather just get the quail to supplement in. But, if that's not a good idea to use it occasionally, i won't. I just wonder why do stores continue to sell the 100% if it's not good as at least a supplemental food? Actually, i just went to your link and the 100% quail is a supplemental food, so i could use it occasionally to bring in a different protein :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
ooh gotcha. sounds good =) i think as a supplement that should be fine. from what my breeder told me, she mentioned that food that is supplemental shouldnt comprise of more than 50% of their diet, so on occasion should be fine, i would think :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ooh gotcha. sounds good =) i think as a supplement that should be fine. from what my breeder told me, she mentioned that food that is supplemental shouldnt comprise of more than 50% of their diet, so on occasion should be fine, i would think :)
It definitely wouldn't be more than 50%, probably not even close to that. I would just like to maybe give it to him every other day :) He did really love the 96% Quail and Chicken, but not so much the 96% Chicken, so that's why I thought he really loved the quail portion the most. I think i'll just supplement it in :) Everyone seems to like Merrick B/G on this forum, so it must be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts