Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

My cat eats his food normally. He eats dry food but sometimes I like to give him a treat and give him some canned food. After everytime I give him some, he seems to throw it all up. He can't enjoy canned food because after eating, he throws it up. The food isn't expired. I give him small amounts. I gave him a tablespoon the other day and he gobbled it up but after about 30 minutes, he threw it back up. He only does that with the canned food, not his regular stuff. Any ideas?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Shaftell said:
Hi.

My cat eats his food normally. He eats dry food but sometimes I like to give him a treat and give him some canned food. After everytime I give him some, he seems to throw it all up. He can't enjoy canned food because after eating, he throws it up. The food isn't expired. I give him small amounts. I gave him a tablespoon the other day and he gobbled it up but after about 30 minutes, he threw it back up. He only does that with the canned food, not his regular stuff. Any ideas?

may be allergic to the type of meat in the food, or some other ingredient. I have heard tale of kitties being alergic to one type of meat or another. or being alergic to corn, rice, other stuff. Actually i think my cat is allregice to one of these ingredients, i have yet to figure out which. Have you tried a different brand, or different meat?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have. He throws up with every type of canned food I try to give him. I give him small amounts as well, and he still throws it up.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Is the food at room temperature when you feed it? Cold food often causes a cat to vomit. What brands and formulas have you tried? (if you can remember them all).

·
Registered
146 Posts
have you tired mixing a tity bit in with dry food?

ive read that fatty foods can sometimes cause vomitting (and diarrhea) in cats. maybe sensitive to fatty food? to be honest i dont know if theres such a thing as low fat wet food.

what about trying a couple of scraps of raw meat? after all, a lot of people on here are big advocates of going raw. i personally have no experience with it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The food is at room temperature. I don't remember the other brands. The one I'm giving him now we got from a petstore in Canada. I don't think they have them in the states but the name is Petcetera. It's their brand, and their canned food. Some Tuna Supreme thing.

We do mix it in with his dry food. He still threw up. So we gave it to him without his dry food, and of course, he still threw it up :p.
We give him raw meat on rare occasions and he seems to be fine with that. After he throws up his food, he loses his appetite for a few hours.
Then he's back to normal again. A friend suggested he might be throwing up because he eats it too fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts