Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the box. Hi I have been having a problem with one of my cats. Cleo was fixed about 2 months ago, and since last week has become sick. She will not poop in the litter box, but will pee. She has had diaharria and a high temp. The vet recommended a blood work up, because her temp. would not go down with the first antibiotics, but the second antibiotics(something that sounds like Metozoline?) has stopped her pooping every five minutes. Now she will only poop 2 times daily and little bit, but when she needs to poop, she will look at all three clean litter boxes, and make a bee-line for one of my cabinets. She also has been licking at the litter(one of my boxes has stairs and litter is always on it). I use scoopable litter. Does anyone have any suggestions? My other cats are fine. thank you. :?:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Litter

Hi,Could she be feeling intimidated by something?Are the boxes out in the open or secluded?Is the cabinet closed in?She may feel more secure hidden away from things.If she is still not feeling 100% she would need a place where she feels protected.Is she straining or crying when she poops?If so she may have devoloped a fear of the boxes as it hurts when she goes in them.Does the vet have any idea why she had a fever?Could the fever be related to the spay(peritonotis or such)?More questions than answeres.Marla

1 - 2 of 2 Posts