Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Jackson first started hanging around my doorstep about two months ago, he was really skittish and would run away whenever he caught sight of me....after about a month of feeding him and being patient with him, he finally let me pet him and eventually warmed up enough to let me pick him up. My question is, my mom took him in today and thankfully seems to like her, but, I was wondering if he'll go back to being skittish with my son and I? He's use to seeing us every single day, use to us being the ones sitting outside petting him and feeding him and now he's going to be an inside cat and my mom is going to be the one taking care of him. My son and I will still be able to see him, but, instead of everyday, it'll be like once or twice a week.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's definitely wonderful news for him. He deserved a safe, indoor home and I have been trying for weeks to find him one and was relieved when my mom offered to take him in. He's a really great cat and yes, he will definitely get alot of attention from my mom and you're right, it'll do him more good with socialization. You're right, he is a smart cat, I mean, after only being there an hour, he knew right where the litter pan was and used it right away and I agree, I wouldn't think the trust would go away, I mean, I thought that on more then one occasion, when I would bring him in during the night when it was really cold and I wanted him warm and he hated being inside, but, he still came back after I let him back out, even though he seemed mad at me to begin with. Thanks for making me feel better! Jackson means alot to me and thinking he wouldn't remember us was upsetting.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm sure he'll remember the love you gave him. He may think it's strange that you left him to someone else, but if your mother loves him just as much as you do, then he'll be fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!
I SO wanted to keep him and bring him in my apartment, but, unfortunately, where I live, were only allowed one dog, or Jackson would of been brought in my apartment and had his forever home here. I just wanted to get him a safe, warm inside home and was thankful my mom offered to take him.
And yes, my mom will take good care of him, she actually has one of my dogs, because I was only allowed to bring one of my dogs here and she offered to take one so I didn't have to give her up and I can say, whenever I go over there, my dog follows my mom around everywhere she goes and she has two cats of her own, that will only go to her and noone else.
Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts