Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it doesn't clump, how do you know when the cat has peed? Like after it dries I mean. My kitten has only been let out when we are home (one of us is home at night, one during the day but he sleeps in the bathroom cause he pees on our bed) and he isn't peeing anywhere in the apartment, but I can't tell if he's peeing in the litter box either cause there are no clumps obviously. He MUST be peeing somewhere cause there is NO way he could hold it this long!

So how can I tell?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind, as soon as I posted that I caught him peeing in the box. A while later I went back and it had just dried up. So I guess that is why I could never tell if he was doing it or not! My other three cats at my mom's all use clumping litter so that's what I was used to!

So I answered my own question!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
This must be your kitten from the other thread. It nice to see that he knows what the box is for. Any reason why you don't try clumping litter for this kitten? That way it would be easy to track how often he has gone. Once you feel that he is using the box regularly and you get the bedding cleaned properly to remove the urine scent, maybe you can give him the ultimate test and let him back into the bedroom.

Keep us posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts