Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I apologize if the subject is inapropiate for this forum but I am not sure where to post my question.
I know that male cats develop fatty deposits in the lower abdomen after being neutered. My question; does the same happen to females after being spayed? My cat, a female, was spayed when I got it, has what seems to be a fatty deposit between her back legs, where the last pair of nipples are..not large but noticeable. So I wondwered if that'd be because she was spayed? Or maybe had kittens before being spayed? :?:
Thank-you..and apologies for the ignorance..

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
All of my spayed females have developed a small 'pouch' at about 4-5 yrs, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean :?

the exception being Anika (in my avatar) who is uncommonly small at 6 pounds.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So thats what the pouch is? I wondered about that :D My cat has had at least one litter (with her old owner) but has been fixed since then...I don't know when exactly :? But she has that pouch bit :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
My cat, Minnie, was not fixed until almost 2 years old. She was always a very small and petitte cat. Also she was very thin. Her fur also was alot less soft than my other cats.

She has been fixed now for around two months, her entire frame has filled out, she is still small and thin, however she is alot less thin than before. Also her fur has completley changed. She is now very soft and silkyer than before.

So I defenately think it makes a difference when the cat is fixed. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts