Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally I fed my kitty a lot of grinds but now I want to start adding in more bones for her to eat herself. I can get whole rabbit (with fur removed and stomach/intestines removed) for a pretty good price here. Only thing is I have a tiny cat that doesn't eat much so she would never eat a whole rabbit at once. Stupid question, but does anyone know how to cut it up into portions? I also wanted to cut rabbit an quail into small portions for my Chihuahua.

I know the legs can be a meal, but how do you portion the rest of the body? Yes, I'm this stupid.. and have never cut up any animal before lol.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Just a quick note that the dressed rabbit (no fur/insides) and quail are not considered whole prey - but frankenprey. A whole quail or mouse or rat (with fur and all insides) is whole prey. :) To avoid any confusion. :)

My chihuahuas love rabbit, btw. Cats too. It's their favourite treat-meat (too pricey to give all the time). Quail is a close second. ;)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just a quick note that the dressed rabbit (no fur/insides) and quail are not considered whole prey - but frankenprey. A whole quail or mouse or rat (with fur and all insides) is whole prey. :) To avoid any confusion. :)
I agree - why take out the stomach and intestines!?!? They're important! So is the fur! We feed 1-day old chicks which are easy to come by at the chicken farmer since roosters are useless and are gassed/incinerated after they hatch. They're dirt cheap too, 5 cents each. You could try those instead maybe, if you're set on trying whole prey :)

Just a suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts