Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i currently have a cat and my friend decided she couldnt keep her newly aquired cat, which is about 5-7months old. i decided to take the cat in. i did not excpect what happened tonight. both cats were fighting like crazy. they had to be seperated into diff rooms. the 2 rooms have a glass door so they can see each other and theyre fighting through the glass. hissing and swipping. is this normal for 2 cats when they first meet? is there any hope? btw they are both femals. TIA

·
Registered
88 Posts
From my experience, this is very normal. It can take days or even weeks for cats to get to where they can tolerate each other enough to be in the same room together.

I think if you keep them separated so they can get used to each other's scent, they should be ok after a few days. I think it should help that they have a glass door so they can see each other while they're getting acquainted.

When Keeter moved in last November, I was worried about how they'd react to each other, but they were both more scared of each other than anything and even now don't play together, but they tolerate living together.

Good luck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts