Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys

I just got my 8 month female kitty(my Rosie girl passed away in June of last year) spayed yesterday and so far she's doing good. She's been laying around sleeping a lot but is eating and drinking. I have noticed that she is doing this twitching thing (she's not cold as its not cold in the house) sometimes the twitching is one back leg, other times its the back leg and a front leg, and I noticed when she was on her back all 4 legs were shaking. I've noticed that her head shakes a little bit too. It's not happening all of the time though. I spoke to the vet today they said to give them an update tomorrow and if she's still shaky like that then they want me to bring her in. The incision looks great and everything. I was just wondering do you guys think she's ok? I'm a little worried about her. I feel so bad about putting her through surgery but I didn't want her to go through heat. She also got some vaccinations as well yesterday so IDK if its an effect from that or what.

Thanks in advance for any input!

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
My initial thought as I was about halfway thru reading was that this could be some after effects of the anesthesia, but if it continued I would take her to the vet tomorrow. Continued reading and saw that was exactly what your vet said. I'm thinking she'll probably be fine by tomorrow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts