Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When a cat has a spay surgery do they typically put a tube down their throat while under anesthesia?

I am not sure if this is what happened or not, however since Jessy has returned from her surgery, she seems a little hoarse when she meows.

Also I have a problem with Minnie. Minnie is Jessys mother, and ever since Jessy has been back from the vet Minnie has been crazy. Every time Jessy is around her minnie growls and hisses at her, or at me if i try to move her away from Jessy. She is acting really mean to Jessy, why ?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Nice to see you again Lilly :D .

Yes, they intubate cats during spay operations - this may account for some hoarseness. If it still is a problem in a few days just call your vet and ask. They would be able to give better advice.

It is normal that Minnie is being aggressive towards Jessy. Right now Jessy still may smell funny, like the vet clinic. It has only been a few days right? Lucas hissed at Levi after his teeth extractions for at least 4 days. I wouldn't worry to much. It should sort itself out in time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
try some vanilla extract behind their necks, i've heard this works because they realize that they smell the same so they have nothing to be afraid of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts