Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha, what a tongue-twister.

My first question is, if I click the edit box and edit my post in time, but I actually hit "send" after the five minute mark, will the edits go through? Pretty sure the answer is no, but I just want to check.

And, is the general MO to PM a moderator for edit requests? Is there something differentiating mods from regular members in the "online users" list? I don't think any of the users listed right now are mods, so I can't tell.

I'm a member of another forum with such a limit, but it has a board just for posting edit/delete requests for mods, so whatever mods are on and have a moment reply to the requests. I'm gonna feel really strange PMing a specific moderator for every edit request. I apologize in advance--I make beaucoup typos, even after careful proofreading. ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,390 Posts
Some members and mods choose the "invisible" mode, so you can't see when they're online, but there's usually a mod or two around.

You can always PM a Mod if you've made a error you can't live with (not something we encourage, because we'd be spending all our time fixing people's posts for them). If you're really bothered by typos and grammar (like I am), you may want to write your post in Word so you can spell/grammar check it first, and then copy and paste it here.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, well that's good to know. I guess I'll just have to be much more relaxed about typos that slip though. I definitely don't want to be a bother.

I'll try to PM sparingly. I'm guessing there's no list of mods since I don't see a member list?

Thanks! :)

·
Super Moderator
26,390 Posts
Near the bottom center of the main page of the forum, there are two things you can click on, Mark Forums Read and View Forum Leaders, which lists the mods and admin people.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Near the bottom center of the main page of the forum, there are two things you can click on, Mark Forums Read and View Forum Leaders, which lists the mods and admin people.
AH! Can't believe I missed it. I was looking for something like that, but too far down in the forum.

I feel like such a dolt. I've posted at so many forums with a similar layout, but these little differences in customization can make it so hard to remember which forum has what, and where.

Kind of like like how cluelessly turn this and push that whenever I'm in a car other that my own and need to turn on the windshield-wipers or brights. And then I get confused when I go back to my usual car. ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,390 Posts
Don't worry, I don't think it's something that most members have noticed, either.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
There's a 5 minute edit limit on otehr forumns? I thought they instituted it here just to embarass me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a 5 minute edit limit on otehr forumns? I thought they instituted it here just to embarass me.
Dave, I've only been a member for a couple of days, but every one of your posts have cracked me up. :lol:

The this other forum I frequent has a 30-minute limit, so just a tad bit more time. Still leads to some embarrassing moments, like recently when I described someone I know as having "gouged ears". :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.