Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, we are getting a ragdoll cat in december. He will be at home with my mom as she is all alone. However I am bit scared because I am only home for weekends.. I will be with a kitten for two weeks straight after we ´ll get him but then I will have to go back to routine because of University. I am afraid that The kitten will not like me or he will be sad. Please, do you have some experience with this ?

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Hi tina,

Congratulations on getting a new kitty!

It's really hard to know what the personality of any kitty will be. And kittens all just have kitten personality...He may not show a whole lot of interest in spending a lot of time with you or your mom at first. Toys are likely to be way more interesting to him than his humans. But if both you and your mom spend time playing with him and feeding him, he'll love both of you, even if he doesn't really show it at first. :)

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Well he will tend to bond with your mother as she will be kitty's mom, because she will be doing the feeding, petting, playing with him and be with him most of the day. Cats, in general, do tend to be loyal and friendly to whoever is feeding and looking after them. Ragdolls are very sweet cats and do like follow their owners about as they go thro their chores. Hope your Mom is agreeable to this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts