Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to feed raw but i have a very small freezer so i can't stock on food. There's barely any room for my food especially when i pick blueberries. Since i can't do that what if i get sick or go on vacation. My family and friends wouldn't make/feed raw. Totally gross they would say. I'm thinking of a combinatin of raw and canned since i don't have room in the frig.

What do you do about the blood from whole prey? Geets would probably bring it into the living room rug. I couldn't feed anything with a head on, well maybe a mouse. I switched him to quality canned food since i lost my Razzle last month :crying. God i miss my baby boy. I wish i had switched to quality food from the start. I read i could put a phosphorus binder in the food because of the kidney failure.

Kathy

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
My cats will drag food so I always feed in the kitchen and the bathroom (wince both rooms have tiles). If you have multiple cats, you will need to separate them because if they feel threatened they will want to eat the food in a sheltered area (under the couch, or some other choice place like that). After a while though, they get used to it, and just make funny primal noises when they eat. My cats still take the meat out of the bowl, and will eat it off the tiled floor.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
There really is very little blood left in mice/chicks (the whole prey most people feed). I've never seen a spot of anything on my floor. I feed the cats separately from each other--2 on hardwood floor, 1 on tile, one in a crate. If you're worried about it, just feed the cat in the bathroom. They learn quickly where to go for their meals and lead you there!

Re: storage: I recommend that you get a small freezer. You can get them new for a few hundred $$ and you can find them used on Craigslist. If you have space issues, there are little chest freezers w/ a footprint as small as 24" x 24" that hold a LOT of food. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts