Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hola. I had rescued a four month old kitten perhaps in early July and she would be about six months old now. No vaccinations have been done so far. I am here to know more about cat vaccinations and the frequency they should be administered and whether these boosters are needed given that the cat now is already 6 months old.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Hi there!

How great that you rescued the kitty - but oh my, please do get all of the necessary vaccinations done! They could well save kitty's life, as they are very effective against incurable and fatal diseases like panleukopenia. :eek: Just make sure that they're giving non-adjuvanted (modified live) vaccines, to reduce the risk of injection site sarcomas.

I don't know whether the typical "kitten series" will apply with an older kitten, though I'd assume that most of the same vaccines will be given. Once kitty is an adult, I wouldn't do the additional boosters - just rabies if it's required in your area.

Dr. Pierson's website has great information: https://catinfo.org/vaccines-for-cats-we-need-to-stop-overvaccinating/#General_Recommendations

If you scroll down to General Suggestions, she lays out what she recommends for kittens. Hope you find it helpful (and please do make a vet appt as soon as you can)!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts