Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question - what is the preference of the Ground Rabbit/Bones/Organs to Whole Carcass Ground Rabbit Fur and All, other than the fact that with the fur it costs a bit less. Do you find any difference in how your cats like it, with or without the fur? I have enough fur balls around the house as it is! :?

Also - I'm having trouble finding chicken organs other than liver, gizzards and heart but I see hare-today sells beef kidneys & pancreas. Does anyone here mix spieces when mixing organs and muscle meat? I thought I had read that wasn't a good idea.

Thanks!

·
Banned
2,746 Posts
Elly said:
Question - what is the preference of the Ground Rabbit/Bones/Organs to Whole Carcass Ground Rabbit Fur and All, other than the fact that with the fur it costs a bit less. Do you find any difference in how your cats like it, with or without the fur? I have enough fur balls around the house as it is! :?
I always got it, when I was getting it, w/ the fur. They did great on it. Hopefully you are only ordering it to transition? While you're at it, get some of their bone-in rabbit chunks. My cats LOVE those and that was the first real bone they would eat while transitioning.
Also - I'm having trouble finding chicken organs other than liver, gizzards and heart but I see hare-today sells beef kidneys & pancreas. Does anyone here mix spieces when mixing organs and muscle meat? I thought I had read that wasn't a good idea.
It makes no difference--that's one of the sillier things I've ever heard! Where did you read that? Get whatever you can wherever you can. You don't need to add organ to the whole rabbit--it already HAS organ. But get some to toss in a few times a week when you are offering them other stuff, like chicken, beef, etc.

·
Banned
952 Posts
I've heard the caution about not mixing products from multiple sources, too. I just ignore it. You'll also hear people talk about "hot" and "cold" meats and what not to do with them; that's some kind of ethnic herbal "lore" and I ignore that, too.

Organs have non-soluble vitamins (such as Vit A in liver) that you don't want to overdue, so I would recommend you always measure your organs and feed no more than the recommended 5% (of each).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read about it a few places. It does sound silly, but when one is new to this, there are a lot of questions. Using beef kidney would make things easier for sure!

·
Banned
952 Posts
You're right, Elly, there’s a lot of info out there and you’re never going to know what’s good and what isn’t unless you ask. That’s what we’re all here for. *smile*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts