Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'm planning on adopt a kitten from a future litter, and I'm wondering what the kittens will look like, and act. Will they be intelligent and vocal like the Siamese? Or lazy yet playful and a lap cat like the Ragdoll? The future parents haven't mated yet. The father will be a purebred ragdoll, he is a light brown mackerel tabby with dark brown stripes. The mother will be a lilac point Siamese mix, she looks almost just like a purebred Siamese. Seeing how the mother is a mix, her mother is a longhaired tortoiseshell. Since the father is a ragdoll, he carries the longhaired gene, right? Both parents are colorpointed, all of the kitten will be colorpointed, yes? I am not the one breeding them. What percentage of the litter will be longhaired? Because the mother is a mix, will that affect the kittens? I have already created a discussion concerning the future litter, but I still have so many questions.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just SUPER curious about this litter. Will the kitten have any genetic disorders? Can a litter of kittens have any traits passed down from their grandparents? Or can they resemble them in any way?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will they be hypoallergenic? Does anyone know anything about Ragdoll Siamese mix cats? Will they likely be lynx point, because the father is tabby?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, my gosh! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I'm going to get a male, but tortie points are SO adorable! Thanks again!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes they will be all tabbies , unless father is carrying for solid, then it will be a mix
Since both of the parents are colorpointed, all of the kittens will be pointed, so will the kittens be tabby with points like the father, or could some be lynx point? Lynx point is where the cat's points have tabby markings, but the rest of the body is solid. I don't know he is carrying the solid gene. I'll have to check. Thank you!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So, it turns out that the mother of the Siamese mix is actually calico. At first, my aunt said that she is a tortoiseshell, and then the last two times, she said that she is a calico. Will the some of the females still be tortie point? Thank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts