Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five plus inches since Friday morning, our rain gauge topped out so we can't really be sure. The wild card is how long this series of storms is supposed to go on, it is predicted to go through Wednesday. On the plus side, it's not too windy or cold - it is some kind of tropical system, 'global weirding' ha ha.

Gracie is learning not to be spooked by big black umbrellas, but I think she is seriously missing her patches of sun for napping...

I know Britain is snowed in, and the Northeast too. Hope you all stay safe and well!

Fran

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Fran, are you in Northern California? That seems like such a lot of snow for anywhere in California! Where I live in Northeast Ohio we often get several inches, but everyone here is used to it. How is the driving in your area? That is what always worries me with an area that is not used to getting much snow.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Fran, are you in Northern California? That seems like such a lot of snow for anywhere in California! Where I live in Northeast Ohio we often get several inches, but everyone here is used to it. How is the driving in your area? That is what always worries me with an area that is not used to getting much snow.
She's talking about rain, not snow. ;) I wish we got snow here!

But yeah, it's been pouring the past few days and I love it! This is the closest I can get to a "white Christmas." A rainy Christmas is always something that makes me happy.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my!

There've been lots of trees down, potholes and car wrecks, plus boulders and mudslides falling on the mountain pass between our town on the coast and the valley...

The highway patrol website has just posted that they don't have enough officers left to respond to all the hazards any more! Wow!

If they are right about how long this rain is going to continue, the burned areas from last year's fire will be in trouble for sure.....

Fran

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stay well, we went through the same thing, twice- once in November and last week. Roads, slides, floods, erosion, it went on and on and we still have 100 families out of their homes with the freeze-up having arrived. We're on high ground, hoping you are, too.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
But yeah, it's been pouring the past few days and I love it! This is the closest I can get to a "white Christmas." A rainy Christmas is always something that makes me happy.
It rains so often on Christmas, that my family re-wrote the lyrics for "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" to "I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas"

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Oh my! Some serious weather out there lately! Do take care. I'm not exactly sure what's going on this year, but it's absolutely crazy! My thoughts go out to those who will have to be away from home for the Holidays this year. But, better to be safe I guess.

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
It's crazy! We're already more than 200% over our normal rainfall for the entire winter, and it's only December.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
It's the same here, winter just officially started, and we had 20+ inches of snow on the ground before winter was even "technically" here.

Marie, I have a spare life jacket I can send ya if ya need it! LOL!

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Oh my!
If they are right about how long this rain is going to continue, the burned areas from last year's fire will be in trouble for sure.....

Fran
As you know my sister lives near you, Fran, and her house burned down in the Tea Fire in 2008. From what I've heard now, they're at least not threatened by all this rain. What a freaky thing!

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
My washer and dryer sit outside my back door and when it rains, the washer usually gets a couple of inches of water sitting in it that I have to spin out. I went out back today to start my laundry and opened up my washer. It was full to the TOP with rain water!!

It finally stopped raining early this morning. I think we're supposed to have three days of sun before the next storm hits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts