Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rajah, my 16 year old cat, passed away yesterday. It was very sudden, when I first got to the farm he was running around playing with the kittens, then when I went back up in the strawmow 10 minutes later he was laying on the floor not moving - I went over to him and he had died. He must of had a heart attack?

It was about a year ago I rescued him from the shelter. He was going to be put down, because of his age and condition, but I took him after they asked if I would. He nearly doubled his wieght (he was very underwieght) and acted like a kitten. He could even outrun me when I took him on walks!

Though I am honestly somewhat relieved, it was getting hard to care for him, because I had to have the strawmow completly closed up so he wouldn't jump out. That was not fair to the rest of the cats to be locked up there in the dark all the time. If I had the strawmow door/"window" open he had to be locked up, again not fair.

March 4, 2011

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Awww, such a grand old fellow. It does sound as if he had a heart attack, which was quick and he did not suffer. You have a big heart to rescue such an old fellow from a shelter and at least he had a wonderful year with you and blossomed under your good care. RIP Rajah. He was a beautiful cat with such unique coloring!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about Rajah. It sounds like he led a fully and happy life and then passed peacefully, so that's a blessing.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
What a handsome boy he was, and how awesome that he had a year of great happiness with you...it's a happy cat who behaves like a kitten at age 16. May he frolic at the Bridge, and I hope your sorrow is tempered by the knowledge that you gave him such a wonderful end to his long life.

Fran

·
Registered
712 Posts
Aw, so sorry to hear about your gorgeous boy. But he had a wonderful life with you and was a very handsome boy.

·
Registered
683 Posts
He was absolutely gorgeous. You gave them a great last year. I'm very sorry for your loss...

I hope you're doing better, a hug for you :) :patback

1 - 18 of 18 Posts