Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some random pics taken recently.

These first ones are of two very cute little visitors who came in today. I have been waiting since early spring to get this shot, and finally had the opportunity! I don't have a decent lens for distance yet, so getting shots at any distance is difficult! So this afternoon, hubby and I were relaxing after working on the barn lights all morning, and I looked out the patio door to find these little sweeties had come in with mom to get some salt! I waited patiently, and they were just brave enough to come towards the patio today!

Mom had twins in the field across from us late may! I watched her walk across the field with them, bringing them to the woods, the morning they were born. She had been hiding them very well until about 3 weeks ago, when she started trusting us to bring them in with her. I'm pretty sure one is a male, and the other a female, because one is quite a bit bigger than the other. There is another mom who visits us with her fawn as well, but she's been a little more protective of hers, and she doesn't let it come to close to the house.

The little male. He was hiding towards the side of the house, and I couldn't get pics of him until he decided to finally come and look for mom and sis. They were already gone, so he finally decided it was time to run along.

The little female. She is quite a bit smaller than the male.

Peek-A-Boo!

Flowers.

Love these deep purple clematis! My grandmother always had purple clematis climbing on a rail in front of the house when I was young.

Part of the view from up on the hill.

Bzzzz! Almost stepped on this little guy today as he was enjoying a little white clover on the lawn.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! :D The fawns were such a treat to see so close yesterday! The little female was playing with a couple tall strands of grass, she'd run up to them, pull at one, and then run in circles bucking. We just laughed!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lisa 216 said:
Those are great photos, Geri. I was just in Wisconsin, and those rolling hills were stunning to look at :D
Lisa, what part of WI were you in?

Thank you TrinityQuiet, we are very blessed to live here. :)

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I love to look at pictures of nature! And the fawns are lovely. We have deer, but I seldom see them. The woods behind the house are full of them, and they eat our bird seed, but they're very cautious. There is a deer crossing just down the road a bit. The woods extend almost the whole way down our road. I am very cautious driving this road at night.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Aww that deer is so cute, He looks like Bambi!! I spotted 2 baby deers last week while searching for Tiger, my pictures were not that good since it was dark and I was taking them with my cell phone.
Awesome pictures! :D

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
You take the most amazing pictures, Geri. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts