Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every year, a pair of homing pigeons raise a family between our houses. Here is a spy photo of baby watch 2K8...

and THE STICKS, baby... I recently upgraded my arsenal to include many new Vic Firth models and am very pleased having played pro.mark, Zildjian and regal tip almost exclusively until that point. It's all about the STICKS!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Our local grocer has a display for rotisserie chickens, and presiding over said roasters is Chef Chicken (presumably having cooked the roasters!) This place is across the street from my work, so we walk there almost every day to pick up lunch. The week before easter, some smartie put bunny ears on Chef Chicken.

Methinks the bumper sticker should have been printed a little larger....

·
Registered
695 Posts

The usual reaction is "wth! hills can't be blind!" Well no obviously, but its referring to when your driving and come to this hill you can't see where the road goes, all you see suddenly is the ocean and it appears that the road drops into the ocean for a bit but it twists and turns and is steep. basically its a slow down and be carefull type of sign. -sigh- things are different back east lol.

[/img]

·
Registered
7,458 Posts

It's kinda hard to see, but there are two guys in this car holding down a mattress with their hands.

We went to Athens, Ohio yesterday, which is the home to Ohio University. It must have been the end of a semester because we saw lots of young people moving and even some in graduation gowns. We also saw more mattresses in, and on, cars and trucks then we have ever seen before. Must be you must be able to get a furnished apartment, but you have to bring your own mattress. BYOM.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Here a couple shots i love

Matterhorn~ we hiked down from the base of it into Zermatt, Switzerland.

One of my fav building in downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota

Sunset Thanksgiving Day at Rex Ranch, Arizona

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I feel really inadequate now, Merry! Those are amazing pictures!

This is a ringneck that followed my husband all over the yard as he used the power motor. We discovered that a hunting club had clipped his wings to make him easier to shoot. :(

My husband had to be very careful, as the ringneck ran along right beside him. I kept wishing it would go into our fenced backyard, where it would have been safe. It followed some of the other neighbors as they mowed too, and after a few weeks we didn't see it again. It was touching to know that it got comfort from being with my husband.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Merry, your pics are fabulous! What an adventurer you are!

Last weekend we were fortunate enough to finally get away for a mini weekend vacation. All us kids went to my parents for the weekend, to go fishing, and just to visit. Here are some of the pics from the weekend.

Mom's flowers.

An early quiet moment on the dock. My sister and her boyfriend.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Geri I love hanging fucias. What a fabulous picture.

How did you do the picture that looks part black and white but has the colored petunias?

seeing the black and white photos makes me miss Wisconsin. Those were wonderful.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Hey, great drawing samuscat.........very talented!

Merry, I did the black/color photo with just a very basic graphic program that came with my computer. Just crop around the flowers, and turn the background black.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Three recent shots with three camera - the Leica M8 rangefinder, Nikon D200 dSLR and a little pocket Nikon P5100:

The Cow and Calf cliffs near Ilkley, West Yorkshire:

A bee with 105mm macro lens - I like the way he is standing on the little leaf:

From yesterday, Justine on the summit of Norber in North Yorkshire, which is covered with grey limestone clints:

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
The Wave, a 6-mile hike we took last year in the desert on the Arizona/Utah line. That's me down at the bottom, swearing loudly because my camera had just broken.

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
Samuscat you are very talented! Nice drawing.

Alex the bee photo is incredible! Loved the detail.

Holly is that Zion? I love Zion. That NP is a treasure. My member picture is of me hiking the Narrows in Zion. Its like wading thru a mini Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
That's not Zion; it's just a plot of land owned by the Bureau of Land Management that no one knows about. They only issue 20 passes a day to hike to it, and there are no paths whatsoever. The directions are like, "Take a right at the third rock after the wash." That's why we got lost 3 times.

Zion is my favorite place on earth. There's just no beating it. (Of course, I'm a rock person.)

·
Registered
695 Posts
A few more I found and uploaded.

My grandparents plot of land, their house is in the middle and that would be our RV in the yard as well lol. All the other houses there belong to other family members. That as well as more used to belong to my great grandfather and was almost one big veggie garden, that would be the Atlantic ocean there, wonderful smells and sights. We often see whales swimming around in the cove.

This was far bigger then the picture lets off. The next day it was gone, it drifted around the corner to the next bay or cove I guess.

Some shots of the back beach, my pop grew up on this beach, the house he was born in is gone, weathered beaten and washed away years ago but we still go back to this beach every summer and have a huge bonfire the night before we leave to come back home.

Some people out in boat near the back beach.

Sunset at my grandparents house. Thats another little community across the bay there. Moore's Cove I believe it's called.

The "highway" :D. Yip the ocean again there, your lucky if you see more then two cars on this highway, your more likely to see a bear, fox or moose then anyone else.

I was told by my aunt to "kiss the cod!" No, I didn't do it but she did lol.

Out jiggin' and we looked down to see this under the boat, jellyfish.

The rabbit came into the yard every evening at the same time for three weeks. :D

There is a military base in the neartest town, Botwood. This is a hollow out "island" that they used to store ammo and what not in. There are large steel doors in it that are just massive! They are locked shut, but I would love to see what it looks like inside that island. They still have the base unpaved and now have the old bunkhouse converted into a musem about the war and other things.

And Moose!

Wow.. sorry, that was more pictures then I thought. :oops:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts