Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so tired of these people who smoke in their cars and then carelessly toss the butt out the window letting it bounce off the cars behind them. This happened to me twice in the last week and believe me, both of them got the horn and a select hand gesture. Some people, but very few, will make the effort to reach out the window and toss it to the ground. If I were a smoker I'd simply light one up, pass them and do the same to them, but since I'm not, my next step is keeping a pile of old pencils in the glove box for such occasions. :x

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
How rude! Andrew is a smoker and he would never do something like this. He is a very curteous driver in general, however.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Richo said:
I am so tired of these people who smoke in their cars and then carelessly toss the butt out the window letting it bounce off the cars behind them........... Some people, but very few, will make the effort to reach out the window and toss it to the ground.
This is a pet peeve of mine!!
Whether they are careless or not, it is still littering and starts fires along roadways every year. It's not just drivers... it's people walking along and just tossing their cigs or putting them down and stomping on them.
Smokers leaving their cigs on the beach are the main reason smoking is illegal on a lot of beaches in SoCal now.

I don't get it.... I mean I don't drink a soda and toss the can out the window!! Who do they think is going to clean it up?
GRRRRRRRRR :evil:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I was driving along the freeway one evening and had just rolled up my window when the driver in front of me tossed his lit cigarette out the window. It bounced up off the pavement and hit the window I had just rolled up right by my face. It would've hit me in the face if I hadn't rolled up the window. 8O

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Another smoker here.
I also use my ashtray. New Mexico=Big fires!!
Edited to add that the one I really don't understand is why some people feel the need to dump their ashtrays on the ground. :roll:

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Personally I think smoking and driving should be as illegal as talking on a mobile phone and driving. To many crashes are caused because someone drops their cig or is trying to light up while driving, as as stated chucking it out the window.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Zalensia said:
Personally I think smoking and driving should be as illegal as talking on a mobile phone and driving. To many crashes are caused because someone drops their cig or is trying to light up while driving, as as stated chucking it out the window.
NOOOOO, I couldn't imagine driving without smoking. When people quit that is supposed to be one of the hardest points of quitting, not smoking when you drive. It's not the same as the cell phone because you're not distracted while smoking, well except maybe for the split second it takes to light up. I NEVER take my eyes/mind off the road while lighting up. Plus think of all the accidents that would be caused by nic-fits. Talk about road rage!

·
Registered
157 Posts
How about the crazy people that smoke AND talk on the cell phone while driving? Talk about an accident waiting to happen. I keep in the far lane away from people when I see that.
I'm always worried that I might have a gas leak or somthing someday and when the stupid person throws their cigarette butt out the window that my car will blow up. Very unlikely, but still a scary though.
Also I really appreciate the curteous smokers, when I come across them.

--Annasaur

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
We had an employee a while back who learnt his lesson the hard way - he flicked the burning cigarette out the window and right in the window of a Porsche, burning the seat and cashmere sweater of the driver... it cost him a fair penny because the guy called the company and found him threw us.

And speaking of cell phones - this guy I seen yesterday (obviously not knowing how to use the phonebook in his cell) has an address book and coffee in one hand, cellphone and cigarette in the other and is driving using his knee!

It's not the same as the cell phone because you're not distracted while smoking, well except maybe for the split second it takes to light up. I NEVER take my eyes/mind off the road while lighting up
I am always telling my BF's brother that he shouldn't use his phone when driving - his favourite quote is "I am talking, the same as I would would if the person was in the truck, so I never take my eyes off the road, I even have voice activated dialing!' :roll:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Cigarette butts, cigar butts, beer cans whats the big deal....**** I threw my steering wheel out once...made it a little hard to take the next turn but.....hic

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
jennifer2 said:
I NEVER take my eyes/mind off the road while lighting up.
You may not but that doesnt include the other 1000's of people.
WHat if you dropped your cig while driving and it started burning your crotch?

I still stand by it, I know it will never happen but still we can all dream.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Zalensia said:
But then they would have to make eating in a car illegal too. Cars have become mini homes. People forget the car is a deadly weapon speeding along.

Bengal Cat said:
Cigarette butts, cigar butts, beer cans whats the big deal....**** I threw my steering wheel out once...made it a little hard to take the next turn but.....hic
:lol:

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I dont agree with eating while driving either, but I didnt bring that up since it was about cigarettes :)

I feel that if you are driving thats all you do, if you need a drink, snack, whatever you should pull over and do it.

I know what you mean about cars tho. I watched pimp my ride the other day and they put a coffee maker in her console, ***? lol

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
I see people trying to smoke, talk on a cell phone and drive! Generally they are doing a pretty rotten job of all three tasks. :dis

·
Registered
777 Posts
Zalensia said:
I feel that if you are driving thats all you do, if you need a drink, snack, whatever you should pull over and do it.
Oh come on! Life as we know it in California would come to a complete stop! Who has time to pull over to do all that?
See, you people in England have public transportation so you can do it all at once. We are better at multi-tasking. :p ;)

·
Registered
998 Posts
I had some guy hang a HUGE LOOGIE out his window the other day and SPLAT it landed on MY WINDSHIELD! GROSSSSSSSSSSSS! The guys girlfriend looked at what he had done and they both took off like a bat out of he** to avoid my rage!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
jennifer2 said:
that the one I really don't understand is why some people feel the need to dump their ashtrays on the ground. :roll:
I have wondered this all my life! *** is the deal?
I get sick when I see emptied ash trays at intersections.
It's like these people have nothing better to do while sitting at the red light. :roll: GROSS!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If I can't smoke and drive then it should also be a law that no one can have children in the back seat of a car. I have seen WAY too many parents driving with their heads turned towards the back seat yelling at their kids. At least when I am driving and smoking I am facing the front and actually looking at where I am going.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Silverbelle said:
If I can't smoke and drive then it should also be a law that no one can have children in the back seat of a car. I have seen WAY too many parents driving with their heads turned towards the back seat yelling at their kids. At least when I am driving and smoking I am facing the front and actually looking at where I am going.
Oh that was you honking at me??? LOL :lol:
I wish they made a sound proof back seat divider...so I didn't have to listen to the little monsters! :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts